Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Death Brings Life

"When God brings death to one area of life, he resurrects it in a new way. " Os Hillman said this in his devotional today (link below). I read Os's devotional daily and this comment spoke strongly to me today. It spoke encouragement into my heart this day.

The idea that though something comes to an end, something new will come along, stirs me to consider all the new adventures that are around the corner! Now that "death" has occurred or is occurring in one area of life or another, it is time to move on and look forward to what the Lord would have in store...Now, don't get me wrong, I believe it is healthy to reflect on what has passed and even go through a period of mourning, but I also believe that a person must set their sights forward and carry on...

A number of years ago a pastor once spoke about never settling for less than the best God has for you...God knows our heart, our desires, our needs, and He will provide! This requires patience...courage and strength too...We know "The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it."1 Thessalonians 5:23-25 (NIV)

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.John 12:23-25 (NIV)

Os Hillman - Today God Is First (TGIF) http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/marketplace/

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4