Tuesday, January 6, 2009

SOAR

I have always been fascinated by birds. I love to watch them in the wild. I love to listen to their song. I am especially fascinated by flocks and how they soar and dive in unison. Isaiah 40:31 is one of my favourite verses in the Bible....They will soar on wings like eagles...They will soar...I occasionally have dreams of being able to fly...it is wonderful, I don't want to wake up - I just want to continue to soar.

Over the past few months, my interest in birds has led me to the ancient art of falconry. I was thinking about getting involved in this hunting technique which utilizes such birds as falcons, hawks, eagles, and even buzzards. Unfortunately, I live in the city on an 80x120 lot that is not conducive to keeping hunting birds. However, there is a place not far from here where you can learn the art of falconry using their birds. It is a good introductory program for people like me, who have an interest, but want to get a better feel for the art before committing to investing in a hunter. Which is a serious matter. These birds are not pets and require regular training and proper housing and care.

Falconry is defined as the art or sport of hunting wild quarry with a trained bird of prey. You can find out more about falconry here and here if your curious. If not, carry on reading because I want to challenge you.

I challenge you to do something you have never done before, something motivated by a passion of yours...go ahead, pick something...challenge yourself - Go beyond what you have done before or never have done, silly or serious. Try something new. Take a photography course, host a black tie event, snowboard, take a helicopter ride, dye your hair red, build a canoe or an orphanage....And let me know how you make out. I will keep you updated on how I make out with the falconry...

Now go....and SOAR!

3 comments:

Renae said...

I'll have to think of just the right thing. I'll get back with you!

Anonymous said...

I challenge you to do something you have never done before, something motivated by a passion of yours...go ahead, pick something...challenge yourself - Impressed with this challenge and now want to know more about the falconry.

MistiPearl said...

Renae: Good morning...Think hard and then Go for it! I am looking forward to your story when all is said and done :)

swati@oliveglobal.com ...I am learning about falconry too so if you come across any interesting information you would like to share, send it this way :) I will post any articles and books about falconry in my sidebar, watch for them. :) Take care.

Smiles and blessings to you both!
~mp:)

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4