Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Taste of Warfare...

shut down. locked out. where do I go from here?
closed off. blacked out. who has the answer?

Just when confusion and chaos, deceit and fear step forward to cross the threshold of my heart, I raise my shoulders...steady my stance with my arms outstretched...lift my face to the heavens and sing praises to my King!

"The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed in majesty and is armed with strength. The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved.
Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity.
The seas have lifted up, O LORD, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.
Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea—the LORD on high is mighty.
Your statutes stand firm; holiness adorns your house for endless days, O LORD."

~Psalm 93

~
"...Dare you come at me - a child of the living God?!
Name yourself! For I am in no mood tonight to be badgered by the likes of you!"

Carefully following the movement of the spectre, the child spoke confidently.

"Though you circle me with growling, I will walk right through you. Be assured."

The royal child gave no opportunity for a response and carried on forward - for the mission would not be compromised for anything or anyone. The spectre slowly drifted aside, its hollow face never turning from the sight of the child.

"Leave me and do not return! I speak by the authority of Jesus, the King!"

With that final command, the spectre instantaneously disappeared and the royal child continued on her way, gratefully acknowledging the protective power the King had bestowed upon her. The same power bestowed upon all His children...The power of His name.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4