Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jesus is Lord Over All!

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
~1 Peter 5:7-9 (in Context) 1 Peter 5 (Whole Chapter)

In the wee hours of this morning, my dreams were many and vivid. I was boldly declaring Jesus as Lord, yet fear gripped my being. The enemy of my soul roared voraciously and avoided looking at me as I declared Jesus as Lord...

The battle intensifies.

I remind myself to commit to being humble before our God. Pride wants a foot in and I can have no part of it. Pride, fear, doubt...I recognize them as tactics to bring me down. And, I know myself enough to know that I am not immune to these and others.


Standing on guard, keeping my focus on Jesus...sometimes, this is easier said than done, but the stakes are great - My best option, my calling, my true desire - Jesus. I know He will never leave me or forsake me, yet I also know how easy it is for me to forsake Him and how hellish it is when I do so.

I am reminded of the lyrics written by Helen Lemmel, "Turn you eyes upon Jesus - Look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory and Grace."


He truly is a wonderful God and though my dreams may disturb me, I will seek out my King and let the shadow of His wing cool the scorching abrasion that was intended to sear my soul with poison.

And again, I declare: Jesus is Lord over all!

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4