Sunday, May 3, 2009

Seven Falls Colorado

A slightly wet jaunt...quite invigorating after being in the car for so long! And though the afternoon was dreary, this natural wonder was absolutely what I needed! God's works are awesome!



I went up the elevator of one section to take this picture of the falls. You can see the stairs that you climb to the top of the falls on the left.
The canyon is incredible...you are boxed in on 3 sides by these humongous rock walls.

Trout in the river at the bottom of the falls. The river is more like a creek, narrow and shallow.

This is as far as this person got before he turned back...he climbed about the first 40 stairs...40 out of 184....not bad...

This is about half way up the falls, looking up...

This is half way looking down.



This is the very top looking back on the upper half.
This sign at the beginning (top) of the falls says, "City drinking water - no wading."

When I first entered the state of Colorado, I was disappointed with the view. I was wondering where all the mountains were. Just outside of Denver, I could see the outline of the snow capped mountains, but it wasn't until I got to the Colorado Springs area, did I become so awestruck with God's handiwork. I head further south tomorrow and I am looking forward to the continuing changes in the landscapes (and I am hoping to get some biking or at least some hiking in....).
And that's the word from my Journey thus far, for those of you who may be interested.
...For all others looking for a word of encouragement,
I heard on the radio today a saying that goes something like this: You need to believe in order to achieve. This struck a cord in me because I so often doubt myself. God's word says that "when he (we) asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1:5-7 (in Context) I pondered this for several miles, questioning what I really believe about my circumstances, my relationship with God, about myself - what I want and what I am truly capable of...What is it that I need to believe in order to achieve what I hope to achieve?

It is food for thought and something I challenge you to ask yourself - What do you need to believe in order to achieve?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very nice pictures again. Some day I will have to go there in person. When I first saw the picture of the fish I thought they were dolphins. LOL Hope the rest of your trip goes great. See you soon.

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4