Monday, February 1, 2010

Embrace the Season

It is a new day and there is a familiar tugging at my heart. It is a rising of the warrior within. For this warrior has been away from the battle for a while. Healing time for wounds, learning and building character, growing. But, in this time away from the heat of the battle, the techniques of warfare have been neglected. Neglected because the sabbatical was so needed that I wanted to put away my sword for a while and just rest...just be. I was weary...oh so weary. God knew this and He provided for me in this time, but now, I sense the time has once again come to engage. Slowly, I have been regaining strength, which is immersing myself in the Word of God, praying more strategically, and standing with my being alert to the Holy Spirit.

Some would argue that you should always be "on". However, sometimes for whatever reason, you aren't and it is during this time that, I believe, God surrounds you and guides you into a different season of being...He never leaves - you never give up on Him - things just change. Your post has rotated...it is a good thing. For me, this has been an intensive time of self-discovery and bonding with Jesus outside the traditional (church, bible studies, retreats, etc.).

Intensifying...
Strength...
Self-Discipline...
Focus...
New View...
New way of being...

If you find yourself in a similar season of existence, my word to you is to embrace it; focus on God and your relationship with Him, and let Him do in you and through you all that He wants to accomplish...to His glory. You will not be in this season forever, you are being trained - take from it all you can and give God all of you...it is part of the learning curve. Don't become discouraged, but do not deny how you feel. Let the Holy Spirit minister to your needs...let Him...hide nothing from Him or rather, do not try to deny the truth of your heart from yourself. God knows you better than you know yourself - You can hide nothing from Him, you can only prolong (and for only so long) letting Him minister to your needs. He loves you and will deal with you gently and lovingly...mercifully.

Mark 6:30-32    

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4