Friday, April 30, 2010

Simple Pleasures


Hmmmm....The smell of morning air in the spring. One of my favourite smells. I thank God for it, it is so wonderful!
Such a simple pleasure that we often take for granted...The sights, sounds, and smells around us, ever present...
Count your blessings, one by one...Today, I am reminded of this saying and I pause to really appreciate all that surrounds me. God is good and I can't help but think that if these moments...these simple pleasures are but a gift from Him, how much more being in His presence will be that much more wonderful!

Enjoy this Psalm today...Psalm 84

How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar,
O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
~Selah
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob.
~Selah
Look upon our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one.
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

"Simple Pleasure" by Scott Milo www.scottmilo.com

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4