Friday, May 16, 2008

Forgiveness


Recently, I had someone come to me to ask for my forgiveness. Ironically, the thing they were asking for forgiveness for I was familiar with, having engaged in the same activity in the past.


Now, even though I was bothered by what had happened, I realized that I could not condemn them for the same thing that I had done - I am no better than that person. "We all sin and fall short of the Glory of God." Rom. 3:23


I immediately forgave them.


This all well and done until they brought up the offense several times in the conversation following. I needed to reassure them that I had forgiven them.


Have you ever done that? You have felt so guilty about something that you have done, that even when the person you have offended forgives you, you cannot forgive yourself?


It happens all the time...guilt, shame, self-condemnation...


Don't wallow there.


Move on...Forgive yourself...Learn from your mistakes...And hopefully you will not commit the same offense again....And you will be able to offer your wisdom and forgiveness to others in the future.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4