Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sunrise

For me, a sunrise is a beautiful reminder of God's hesed - lovingkindness. I look out in anticipation of the light that will assuredly appear.

Each time the sun rises, it brings new hope for a day full of delight, adventure, and growth. Even on stormy days, the sun still rises with a steadfast presence. And regardless of the presence of clouds, the colour of the sunrise is always spectacular.


A sunrise illuminates the dew on the spider's web, the branches of the maple, the calmness of the lake. It is a special, almost holy time of the day for me. I look forward to it knowing that in the waking moments of the new day, my God is with me, waiting for me to join Him.


Some people loathe waking in the early morning....and I used to be one of those people. It is funny, but about 8 years ago, I was praying about getting closer to God and I felt impressed to do 3 things. One of those things was to wake up early and spend time communing with God. I laughed. "Seriously God, you want me to give up my comfy, cozy bed to get up and sit in a less than cozy (compared to my bed) chair and commune with you?? Couldn't I commune with you from my bed? I'll just wake up earlier and we can commune together without any inconvenience to me."


Sad, yes, I know... The God of all creation, my King, my friend, my Saviour asked me to join Him in the morning and I whined about inconvenience! Oh, I groan inside as I recall my attitude...


And I won't lie, it wasn't until about 1 year ago (groan...) did I actually, regularly, get my sad sorry butt out of bed to meet the sunrise....and my God.


And now, I find my day is somehow lacking if I, for whatever reason, miss my sunrise rendez-vous with God. It is a special time...a time I cherish...and I would encourage others to rise to meet God at the break of day, it is a beautiful thing - in more ways than one.


Proverbs 4:18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. Proverbs 4:17-19 (in Context) Proverbs 4 (Whole Chapter)


No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4