Saturday, July 12, 2008

Personal - Just Me One Morning...

I have not yet had a coffee this morning and I am feeling somber. Outside there is a mist that nearly obstructs the view beyond the house across the street. There are birds singing in the distance; their song seems less lively than on a morning filled with sunshine. All in all, a state of blahness is setting into my day.

I woke up this morning thanking God for different things, praying for people I care about, and asking for His help and guidance throughout this day. ...Shine through me this day God, somehow, shine through me...

I read the Word, I am reading the book of Jeremiah, and I ponder the words...I end with Jer. 45 and I am reminded of how I used one of the verses in a posting not too long ago...Should you seek great things for yourself? Seek them not.

Where will this day lead? Someplace wonderful, I pray.

I am getting my house in order right now - I felt impressed upon to do so. I have gotten rid of a lot of junk and garbage. It feels good to do this. I am working on my kitchen right now. New appliances are arriving in August, after I replace the floor, counter, and backsplash. I intend the new counter to be a granite - 'verde butterflies' - it is dark with greens, gold, and black...It should look quite nice.

I really should do some reading today. I have about 6 books on the go, four of them in seriousness...and one of those is my study book for my RN exam. It would seem as though I am in a constant state of information overload. Light reading is not in my agenda lately...although, I am reading Kate DiCamillio's "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" out loud to my youngest at bedtime.

A red cardinal and a yellow finch arrive simultaneously on the lilac tree outside my window and linger there together...an unlikely couple, but a beautiful sight to behold. I like birds. I had a canary, but he died a few weeks ago (I believe it was because of the chemicals that were used on the broccoli - I did wash the broccoli quite thoroughly before giving it to Tweet...apparently not thoroughly enough...) ...The cardinal flies away first and the yellow finch flits from branch to branch and a minute or two later, it too flies off. A nice distraction to my morning.

I am feeling the need to grind some beans...Canadian coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee - Grizzly Claw dark...yep, it is time to brew...

As I listen to the coffee brew, I am grateful for a quiet house...it is 8:15 a.m. and everyone is still sleeping...and I don't mind at all! Normally, I am up around 6 a.m., but I was tired this morning. Perhaps it was my late night workout at the gym with the steambath and sauna afterward that tired me out?

Ahh, the sun has almost burned its way through the clouds...and it is gone....

Coffee is ready...I'll be back...

Ahhhhh....I like coffee. I didn't use to drink but on the odd occasion. That was 4 years ago. Thanks to the nursing program at the university and a certain Prof that spoke a "prophetic" word over us (...or was it a curse???)...what did she say? "If you don't drink coffee, by the time you finish this program, you WILL drink coffee." ...I did resist for about a year and a half...but the draw was too great and I was weak, I was willing...the fragrance led to tasting, and tasting lead to a full affair...coffee and I are partners...(Little humour there, don't get alarmed...)

My day has begun and I can feel the coffee feeding my brain cells, it is a good thing. I am looking forward...forward.

...So God, what would you have me do for You this day? Do you have anything you want to say to me? Help me to hear you Holy Spirit.

Please bring great blessing to all who read this...prosper them mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and financially...and may they give You the glory, for it is You, Lord Jesus, who deserves all our praise and thanks! Seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness...

Thank you for this new day.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Sounds like a beautiful day; I don't understand why it feels blah to you! But then, we rarely get anything but sunny days here in central Texas... I don't understand why God wants me to be in a place whose weather is anathema to me! :) Probably it's the people He's leading me to.

I like the spirit of this post: Calm, thoughtful, stress-free, slow, mindful, compassionate, humble...

Jeremiah seems such an angry young man. I wonder if he ever got a wife, and if he did, did he mellow? ;)

Your kitchen plans sound nice. Butterflies represent transformation; green and gold are health and prosperity. Nice colours for a pisces. Pretty bird colours, too; especially in green, perhaps with a spot of blue sky behind them, not too bright?

Sorry about your canary. Washing veggies doesn't get the poison out. I always buy organic veggies for my birds--and me, too, if possible--and let them go without rather than give them poisoned foods. For the most part, I try to avoid poison myself! I don't use petrochemicals at home, except for dish soap, and that's just because I still have the bottle my ex left here five years ago. I don't use many dishes, and only soap them if they've been laying in the sink. :)

Not too long ago, it irked me when I saw people praising Jesus. For some reason, I feel differently now. :)

Enjoy many "affairs" with coffee! :D I self-medicate with it.

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4