Monday, August 4, 2008

Haliburton Forest and Wildlife

Well, my voyage starts at the Haliburton Forest and Wildlife. I grew up in this area and I have seen many changes over the years. It is a beautiful area. This place holds many beautiful memories for me. Mostly swimming in the lake...my Grandmother was sure I was part fish. I remember picking blueberries and wintergreen berries...the creak of the screen door, the mice in the cabin, exploring the forest, the big egg and leftover breakfasts at the break of dawn, Poppa fishing, the wind in the pines and the comfortable mat of pine needles beneath my feet....and the hammock...ah yes, playing in the hammock!

There is no electricity here, although I understand you can get cell service now (not like I have tried...) This is a place to enjoy God through His creation...and to enjoy family and friends that would pop in for a visit. Many a tale have been spoken on this point, for the conversations have been hearty and thoughtful...it is amazing what a person will discuss when they have no technology to distract them...


This place is sacred of sorts...to me...this place hold precious memories of family, childhood, exploring nature, and laughter...much joy.


Here, my journey begins...

You know what? As I am writing this, I am praying that others would have the blessing of having a place like this in their world. A place where memories are sweet and joyous...I pray this for you, whoever reads this. You deserve beautiful, sweet experiences, everyone of you. I believe God desires this for each of us, and I pray that this season, each of you would receive the beauty and sweetness of God's gift to you. Whether it would be family, friends, nature, or His Presence. Look for it. Receive it. And gratefully bask in it! ...All to the Glory of God.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4