Thursday, September 4, 2008

it is you


like a river that winds through the land,

so my desire for you winds through this world, this way and that,

seeking your face, calling out to you, please come near, draw me closer, closer still...

and then i discover that it was you that i came from, you to where i am going,

and you who has kept me this entire time...

it is you

you are the strength that keeps me flowing,

you are the essence that give me life,

without you i dry up, become dead, without you...

with you, you pour into me in ways i never suspected,

with you, i am complete...

with you

i am in you and you are in me

i can do nothing without you...

you...

I AM



1 comment:

T-Ruth said...

Misti, your devotional content is such a blessing. Guess what! You have inspired me to start my own blog! URL is whatever-t-ruth@blogspot.com. I call it Whatever---, taking Phil 4:8 as its theme -- whatever is lovely, whatever is pure...
Check it out, although i haven't done much journaling yet--just poetry, drama and writing exercises.

Ruth

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4