Friday, October 24, 2008

Strength

Strength:

1: the quality or state of being strong : capacity for exertion or endurance
2: power to resist force : solidity , toughness
3: power of resisting attack : impregnability
4 a: legal, logical, or moral force b: a strong attribute or inherent asset
5 a: degree of potency of effect or of concentration b: intensity of light, color, sound, or odor c: vigor of expression
6: force as measured in numbers : effective numbers of any body or organization
7: one regarded as embodying or affording force or firmness : support
8: maintenance of or a rising tendency in a price level : firmness of prices
9: basis —used in the phrase on the strength of
~Merriam-Webster Online

Strength:
Exodus 15:2The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.Exodus 15:1-3 (in Context) Exodus 15 (Whole Chapter)

Numbers 23:22God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox.Numbers 23:21-23 (in Context) Numbers 23 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 3:28But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see."Deuteronomy 3:27-29 (in Context) Deuteronomy 3 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 6:5Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.Deuteronomy 6:4-6 (in Context) Deuteronomy 6 (Whole Chapter)
1 Samuel 2:4"The bows of the warriors are broken, but those who stumbled are armed with strength.1 Samuel 2:3-5 (in Context) 1 Samuel 2 (Whole Chapter)

1 Samuel 23:16And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God.1 Samuel 23:15-17 (in Context) 1 Samuel 23 (Whole Chapter)
Philippians 4:13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.Philippians 4:12-14 (in Context) Philippians 4 (Whole Chapter)

1 Thessalonians 3:13May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 (in Context) 1 Thessalonians 3 (Whole Chapter)

2 Timothy 4:17But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth.2 Timothy 4:16-18 (in Context) 2 Timothy 4 (Whole Chapter)
~The Bible (NIV)

1 comment:

Renae said...

Excellent post, Misti. I love the contrast of the two picures, along with the definition and the verses. Very powerful. Thanks.

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4