Friday, October 17, 2008

Test the Spirits

Can you feel it?

Feel what?

The Spirit.

Ummm, nope.

Stop, listen. God is speaking. Can you hear Him?

Ummm, that'd be a nope once again.

Oh...I hear change...

Loonies perhaps???

Seriously! I sense change.

Uh-huh...do you sense any need for medication??

Sigh.

Look, whatever you are sensing...what does that have to do with me? And don't you think that if you are having a revelationary moment with God and that if He wanted to confirm it through me or anyone or anything else, He would do it in His time?! ...And it would line up with His Word? And...

Okay...okay...I hear you! I just really felt like I sensed the Spirit.

Hold on to it and pray about it. God will confirm the Truth. Otherwise, put it on the mental shelf of 'live and learn' and move on.

Sigh...I give it to God. You are right. If God wants me to know something, He will get my attention and He will reveal it to me, and I will know it is Him because it will align with His Truth.


1 John 4:1[ Test the Spirits ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.1 John 4:1-3 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4