Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful This Day

Good morning!
...So, I have awaken to another beautiful morning where the snow is lightly and gently falling and everything has a blanket of white. The sky is grey, but towards the horizon, the clouds take on a soft pink as the sun rises behind them. I sit quietly before my King and listen, I am very thankful this morning for being here, my heart and mind have been preoccupied with prayers for those in Mumbai...I met a family yesterday whose brother is not accounted for and the not knowing is highly stressful for them. Please pray for his safety and for the safety of the others not accounted for...

I thought about how fortunate I really am in this place. All around the world, in this moment, people are laughing, dying, being violated, getting married, starving, mourning, rejoicing...and here I am typing on my laptop, looking out on a snowy day with many things on my list to do in the next 16hours, and yet I just want to sit here in an attitude of thankfulness and bask in the presence of my God. This is one of those days where I would rather spend the entire day in deliberate intercession, quietly away from all activity, but instead I will have to guard my heart, open my ears and my eyes to the leading of the Holy Spirit and pray while addressing my commitments. ...How about those (many) days where I do not feel like sitting in an attitude of thankfulness and I don't feel like interceding? Those days are full of friction and resistance as I battle with the Holy Spirit. But not today. Here I am Lord, I am listening. Guide me this day and help me to be obedient to Your Will.

I am truly thankful for this day, are you?

Thank you Jesus.
~mp:)

Colossians 4:2 [ Further Instructions ] Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:1-3 (in Context) Colossians 4 (Whole Chapter)

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4