Saturday, January 10, 2009

A 'Revelationary' Moment

Well, I'll be...Did you ever have one of those 'revelationary' moments that strike you not only between the eyes, but straight to the core of your heart?? I just did. Oi! I have been sitting here for months (and months) trying to figure something out and then out of the blue, rather out of a rather painful moment of submission to God, it revealed itself.

If you are wondering what "it" is, I cannot - will not say, except that I had gone over every angle of my understanding, even stretching into the realm of absurd to bring sense to things. Though this 'revelationary' moment does not bring me complete understanding, it does, once again, reinforce to me, the absolute truth of the scripture that states, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55

How often do we look at a situation with our limited capacity to understand and presume to have it all figured out? We even go to esteemed others in our lives asking their opinion/interpretation of the matter and they spit out the same things you also have concluded...I mean, it makes sense right?! Others have done it this way and why would I be an exception, right? ...And then the Lord goes and opens our eyes such that we can see a bit clearer, a little further - and WHAM - revelation!

However, with this new insight also comes a new level of trust. There is assurance that God is indeed at work and that He still has your best interest at hand; there is also a renewed realization that He is bringing you closer and deeper into His heart - and that thought is exciting and terrifying all in the same breath! This means that I must steadfastly commit to Him, His Purpose for me, His Will for my life without compromise....This means self-discipline. (And in my mind, I am muttering to myself that 'procrastination' is now one of my enemies in the front lines of my battle, among others...) I need to trust Him wholeheartedly.

Am I up for the challenge? Am I battle ready?

Its time to consult with my King...the battle continues, my walk with God takes on a new stride, and my love for Him grows deeper and deeper...He really cares about me and He does have His Best intended for me...

Thank you Abba.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4