Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Know That I Know


Well, today was an interesting day. Just when I am getting used to this constant state of "wherever-the-wind-may-blow-I-go" does the Lord say for me to, "Hold on, things are going to get bumpy..."

Now, I, in that moment did a little, "What?!" when the phone rang. The conversation that ensued left me in a state of pleasant shock, but shock none-the-less. And then I get an email informing me of travel registration due dates just around the corner, and let's not forget the Reading Course that emerged within a matter of minutes. This all happened within about an hour. Bumpy? ...Just a little turbulence... Yet, my world seems to be moving now on a recognizable course of direction...finally!

Okay, so most of that may not make sense to you necessarily, but my point is:
Just as I was becoming content to be in a state of discontent does the Lord stir my world and move me in a more focused direction. I have been wandering here, there, and everywhere for so long, I figured I was in training to become a professional nomad;) This wandering has not been a physical wandering so much as it has centered around life purpose - utilizing my strengths, abilities, and giftings. I was discouraged to think that I would be a sort of jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none and live a futile life, chasing a dream of finding my niche and never fitting in. And though I have not found my niche yet - that place that I know, that I know, that I know - I am encouraged by these latest happenings.

It is kinda exciting, you know? When you think God has forgotten all about you or that He is ignoring you, and you have conceded to that notion, He reveals Himself in a way that speaks straight to your heart, re-affirming that He is still at work, that He still does love you, He hasn't forgotten you and is working all things together for good.

...My hope is in the Lord...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11
Thank you, Lord!

I plugged in the wrong verse when searching the above scripture and zeroed in on this scripture instead...You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jer. 29:13 I was going to delete it, but I feel prompted to leave it. It is a good reminder for me, if no one else ;) Smiles and Blessings...

4 comments:

Renae said...

Yes, I know what you mean. It's great when He sends those little reminders that He loves us, that He hasn't forgotten us.

Blessings, Misti!

--renae

Anonymous said...

Thanks Misti. I really needed that riminder that God is orchestrating, even when it seems quiet.

to the King,

david

Laura said...

Do you know yet when you are leaving?

MistiPearl said...

Laura,
I do not have a date set yet...I will let you know as soon as I do:)
Smiles and Blessings!
~mp:)

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4