Thursday, February 12, 2009

God's Blessing to You This Day


I hear the cardinals waking the morning with their whistles and songs,
I quietly thank God for the music I hear
I think about the nursing night past and wonder how my day will follow
I think of Africa only briefly before my thoughts soar -----
Faces of the ones I care for run through my mind and I pray a blessing upon each one
Faces...
The mist of a somewhat balmy winter day speaks a kinship to my being
I breathe deep the air that hangs around me, it is becoming new, spring is around the corner
I think of my heart's desire and I rest.

God's Blessing to you this day ~ The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
~mp:)

1 comment:

Renae said...

This reminds me of a choir trip to Mexico when I was in high school. We sang, "Jehovah Te Bendiga" - May the Lord Bless You and Keep You.

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4