Friday, February 6, 2009

Leap of Faith

LOL...I have to laugh out loud! As I was browsing different art, I came across this picture.

For quite a while now, I have felt the Spirit telling me that I need to let go so that He can catch me. This is a huge leap of faith for me. There are many reasons to not leap, not let go, just remain. And I could take every one of those reasons and create very plausible excuses that would placate even the most adamant or ambitious soul.

This image of the "Hand of God" ready and waiting for the person to leap is a visual confirmation of my heart's desire. I want to leap. I want to let go...oh-so-desparately...I am inflamed by something indescribable, to leave this desert place and find ....whatever it is I am looking for... His Higher Purpose... Him... in me.

Now, one might question why I need to leap or leave to find Him (particularly 'in me'). Understand this: I am inflamed by something indescribable. I am willing to follow my King. I am willing to let Him shape me into the woman of God He intends me to be. Pretty bold declarations, I know...but how could I settle for anything less than the best God has for me? And who else is worth following, but the King of Kings? I have come to the understanding that I want to leave this world knowing that I did not shirk the opportunities to grow, love, live, help, lead, follow, explore, revel...in all that God has purposed for my life. This requires breaking habits, looking at my life with a new lens, and taking a leap of faith. If I think about it for too long, I can become overwhelmed and, quite honestly, intimidated to return to complacency...

Not good...

...However, with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as my focus, I breathe deep, let go of the things that hold me back, and I run, leaping into the fullness of my faith, knowing He will catch me and set me down exactly where He purposes me to be.


We are all called by God and at some point (usually, several points along our walk with Him) does He call us out - to take a leap of faith. If this posting "speaks" to your heart, I would like to encourage you today to heed the call. Let Him lead you and leap, knowing He will be there to catch you and place you exactly where He purposes you to be. Jeremiah 29:11 Isaiah 26:3 Mark 12:30

1 comment:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4