Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy March 1st! ???

Happy March 1st!!!
Today is the first day of the rest of my life....actually, I have decided that as of today, I will begin to move toward some new goals:

1) I am aiming to change my diet from that of apple strudel and chocolate frogs to a healthier menu of veggies and water....

2) I am going to limit my time on the computer, decreasing it from 12 hours a day to only 8 hours (a stretch I know...but I believe it is possible) - this will help with my tennis elbow or so I am told...

3) I am going to remove my derriere from my chair (with all that extra free time now) and get more exercise (and maybe walk the dog - she's getting a little soft too)....

4) I am going to learn how to type the accent agu and accent grave and I am thinking I will even attempt the cedille, might as well eh?! (Watch my blog for the changes :D )....

5) I am going to....
~
Seriously, I do need to change a few habits that I didn't even realize had become habits until recently. They have crept into my thinking and doing (or not doing) over the past several months and I now recognize them as being detrimental to my well-being. I spend a lot of time encouraging others on living a healthy (body, mind, and spirit) lifestyle and here I am contradicting my own advice.

Walk the walk you talk right?!

Anyhow, March 1st seemed to be as good a day as any to introduce some new resolutions, new habits, new goals into my life and so, here I am.

First though, I resolve to start my day always with a grateful heart...

~

Habit is something you can do without thinking, which is why most of us have so many of them. ~Frank Clark

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vincent Lombardi

Correcting bad habits cannot be done by forbidding or punishment. ~Sir Robert Baden-Powell

Habit is a man's sole comfort. We dislike doing without even unpleasant things to which we have become accustomed. ~Goethe

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4