Monday, April 6, 2009

A Still Spring Morning

Looking out my window today, you would not know that it is spring - then again, this is Canada and perhaps this is what you would expect spring to look like - snow. Outside it is snowing, huge, fluffy snowflakes, dancing in a wind that seems to want to shake the snow from its grasp and rid itself of these final remnants of winter. Oddly, I do not mind this final hurrah. There is a peace that fills my heart this morning. My time spent with God has been reassuring. He knows exactly what I need.



That is one of the blessings of spending time communing with our Lord. He knows what we need and He does not hold back from us what is best for us. It is quieting our mind and heart (and our external environment) that may be necessary to hear what God has to say to us. Just to press into His Presence and praise Him, and otherwise be quiet - be still.



Be still and know that I AM God. Psalm 46:10a There is great comfort in that verse. I do not have to do anything...no striving...no ritual...no special formula with to appease God...Just be still and know...



To be still in His presence and to know His presence is a privilege. The God of all allows us to be in His presence. If you haven't taken the time today to be in the presence of our God, I would encourage you to find a quiet place, quiet yourself, and be still and know our God.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4