Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Travel Plans

This morning I am in a thoughtful mood. I let the dog out and breathed deep the moist spring air, thankful to God for the moment. Things are quiet in the neighbourhood this morning, the vibrant magenta sunrise has been veiled from my view by dull grey clouds, and a gentle rain has begun. It fits my mood.

I was reading James 4 this good morning and as I ponder the words, I think about my trip south. I am leaving Friday. Another road trip with my Abba. I am thoroughly looking forward to it, but with all this buzz about the Swine Flu, I couldn't help but consider the final verses of James 4 as a bit of a warning:

James 4 (NIV)
Boasting About Tomorrow

13 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."


We all make plans, it is good to make plans, but the reality is that God may redirect us as we allow His Spirit to lead us. He may also thwart our plans for our own good. Who knows the mind of God? Yet, we choose to trust Him or at least some of us do. The whole trusting thing can be quite a test and sometimes we fail for whatever reason; however, God is faithful - He knows us and loves us and has a plan for our lives. A fantastic plan that draws us into being all that He meant us to be.

If only we could see more clearly at times. Our vision skewed by distraction. We hold on to that which we cannot see, by faith, we choose to believe. We plan with and without God. Our plans are adjusted, we continue on...humbled perhaps, but better eternally for it.

So, being led, I continue to plan for my trip. I will continue to seek the Lord as I plan and we will see what will happens. If it is the Lord's will, I live and do this and that, always looking forward. And for those of you also considering travelling or relocating, I would encourage you to seek out the Lord so that your plans and His plans are in sync...You won't regret it.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4