Saturday, September 26, 2009

Who Came Up with This Idea?!

Good sigh....I am sitting in my favourite chair, listening to some Michael Franti, lazin' after a busy day of removing hardy weeds and brush from my new property. It has been a good day, very productive. I haven't blogged in a while, and though I have started several posts, I have not completed any of them. I do not feel bad about this because I know that what I write will have its purpose when God deems it.  In the meantime, have been reposting some older stuff that people have been Googling as of late. 

Usually when I write, I do just that - write. I do not lay out some concept, brainstorm, or meditate upon it with great effort, I just write. This method of writing serves me well for blogging, but not for writing papers. I get too caught up in factors that might have or could influence the concept that I am writing about and I end up easily becoming paralyzed in the writing process. Without a list of criteria to guide me, I could research a concept forever...or until I become bored.

I mean, the reality of most academic writing, is regurgitating what others have already processed and trying to make it sound new, fresh, important...perhaps even interesting. Someone (I don't recall who and I don't feel like Googling it) once said that there are no new ideas. I think that there are, but they are few and far between.

pizza flavoured ice cream
solar powered toilets
a book that can read itself (thanks Nicole:) )
world peace
sensored volleyball courts that keep score
bullet reflector sheilds (think pong)
underground communities in Africa by melting the sand into glass domes
ummm...let's see....anybody else come up with these same ideas?

Ideas...where do they come from? Seriously, where do those ideas come from that flash before you seemingly out of nowhere? I am sure there are many theories about where ideas come from...your subconscious, your environment, energy waves randomly colliding, spirits, God.

Thinking...It really is a gift. Whether it is rational or not, thinking is an incredible process...and we only use, what? 10% of our brain?!

Writing...communicating...code breaking...comprehending...incredible stuff that most of us take for granted. Those of us who cannot read and write create different ways of communicating and code breaking to cope. Visit(volunteer at) any adult literacy center and you will have a better understanding of this!

 Hmmm...On that note: "Have you tried fried Snickers?" - I just read that on Twitter. (Now I am thinking...comprehending...writing...) Fried Snickers?! Are you kidding me?! Shall I book you an appointment with the cardiologist now or after your arteries have hardened over?! Who thinks up these things? That's as bad as fried cheesecake!...oh wait...that's gooood...

Anyhow, when it comes to ideas and blogging, there are some pretty fantastic minds out there! Check out some of the blogs in my side bar if you don't believe me.  Good stuff, good writing, great minds...All of them a gift from God, the source of all things good. ;)


Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?~Job 11:7

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4