- Jesus was focused, he needed solitude, he moved around, people came to him.
- Mark 5.11-The entry seems anticlimatic - purpose?
- Mark 14 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation(?)-passover partying?-prophetic? What did Jesus expect, these guys were tired?
- Mark 14:62 ...right hand of the mighty one - more figurative?
- Mark15:34...why have you forsaken me? How is this possible?
I feel that in our walk with God today, knowing Jesus is really not the priority for a lot of us who claim to be Christians. And when I say that, I say it with respect, not so much condemnation. God draws us to Him as He wills and that is, gratefully, an individual calling - for we are individuals, not carbon-copy robots. (Nor are we meant to be!)
For me, this exploration has helped me identify more closely with Jesus, the man. I am learning that he didn't just have all the answers to how things were going to unravel around him as he began his ministry in earnest, and how he handled his relationship with others in a consistent manner, yet individual - meeting the need of the person, not just spouting off a generic response as they interacted with him. I have also learned I have more to learn.
Next Gospel...? Well...I think I will read over Mark again.
How are you getting to know Jesus more personally?