Monday, January 18, 2010

I Want Your Help

Dear God in Heaven, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

All of you.

Seriously? What does that mean? Am I to become a "Mother Teresa" or a "Beth Moore" figure?! How practical is that?! I have responsibilities here...hellllloooo!
~
I am sitting here with my coffee having a lively discussion in my head with God, and if you can't tell by what I have written, I am struggling with His request. It is not because I don't want to give Him my all, it is just the fact that I really have no idea what it looks like. And everytime He requests this of me (and...Oh yes, we have been over this concept many times in the past year or so), I still struggle with it.

Now, since I seem to hitting a major hurdle in trying to truly understand what "All of you" really means, I thought I would throw it out there to you.

What do you think it means - What does "All of you" look like to you?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I too struggle with this concept. Some days I fall into bed exhausted and think whatever on earth did I accomplish today? While I moved and thought from well before sun up to well after sun down ~ I too remain stumped. I thank God for the moments when clarity of purpose and effort shine through. I just we'll just have to trust the days. Take care

Robert said...

I think there is no *absolute only answer* to this question Misti. I share with you and Jamie in going round and round with God to figure it out. I think a verse in Miley Cyrus song is actually helpful hear- *not about how fast i get there, not about whats waiting on the other side- its the CLIMB!!!!*

I think what God wants from us when He says all of you is exactly that, in the life situation He has given us. I think He gives us freedom to be a mother teresa or a SAHM(stay at home mom) or anything else, He just wants all of us in whatever it is we are doing. My 2 cents for now :)

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4