Monday, January 25, 2010

What is Shaping You?

As I gaze out my window this rainy afternoon, the large Manitoba Maple stares back at me, aged and defiant. The dampness has emphasized the moss growing all along the north side of the tree. There are two gaps in the bark of the main trunk about 6 feet up that are moss free that make for eyes, and where the nose would be, a branch stretches outward and upward like that of an elephant's trunk. Two feet above the "eyes", the single trunk of this huge tree splits into a crown of many smaller trunks that fan out to what would make the canopy of this 100 year old property marker.
~
10 My lover spoke and said to me,
"Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me.
11 See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."
~Song of Songs 2
~
Nature, seasons, time...Pictures, words, action...1+1=3
~
Does any of this make sense to you? How we respond to the world around us and how we interpret what we sense shapes our existence. What we read in the Bible, the Living Word, shapes our existence.

What is shaping you these days? Be careful little eyes what you see...be careful little ears what you hear...be careful little mouth what you speak...be careful little heart what you treasure...

Let the goodness and gentleness of the Holy Spirit guide you, let the Truth of His Word nourish you, let the Love of God permeate you so that you will become all that He intended you to be.


Let Jesus shape you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to remind myself to only let God put me on the potter's wheel. No one else, especially me, can shape me properly. Great Job!

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4