Saturday, June 5, 2010

fear

This isn't what I expected or what I hoped for by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes, I am sure that God places me in a bubble of sorts...you know, the boundary lines fall in pleasant places kinda feel, but without the "pleasant" aspect...more like a "tolerable" place...the "in-between" place...lukewarm - not hot, not cold..."God, I don't like this place."

So, here in this place, I turn to God for guidance (more like desperation to get out) and I listen for Him to speak...to show me the way...for a sign...Instead, He talks about how He loves me...how I am His.  !   How do you whine to God when He is telling you that He loves you?!  So, I rest in His love - for a while - and then I dig a little deeper. "God, why am I bothered in this situation?" (tenacious - one of my discriptors...I think God made me that way...perhaps) And He is silent.  I listen harder. "Lord, help me to hear Your voice, please remove that from me which hinders me from hearing You...please." ...then, I see a word in my mind... FEAR

Flamin' Hockey Pucks!


For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.~Isaiah 41:13


1 comment:

Robert said...

I see and feel that word way too much way too often Misti. I was thinking as i prayed for His Presence to keep me grounded, that Job must have had an undergirding of faith despite his fear or his questioning, for why else would he say *yea though He slay me yet will I trust in Him* Trusting a God who slays you??? Yet, isn't that what happened to Jesus?? This makes my jaw drop for the ways i have struggled with fear.

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4