Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Self-Reliance

A new season of reclamation has begun.

Excerpt from Self-Reliance  -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, that I will do strongly before the sun and moon whatever inly rejoices me, and the heart appoints. 

If you are noble, I will love you; if you are not, I will not hurt you and myself by hypocritical attentions. 

If you are true, but not in the same truth with me, cleave to your companions; I will seek my won. I do this not selfishly, but humbly and truly. It is alike your interest, and mine, and all men's, however long we have dwelt in lies, to live in truth. Does this sound harsh today? You will soon love what is dictated by your nature as well as mine, and, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last.

.

.

.

What you love to think about, dream about, speak about, learn about and create about is your genius. Don't water down your natural style or contort yourself into some idealized version of who you think you should be. The impulses that come from deep within are your guide track to greatness. We want you as is. ~Marie Forleo

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4