Friday, October 10, 2008

Indian Moon Moths, Lord of the Rings, and My Blog


Okay, I do not know what the deal is with Indian Moon Moths and my blog, but I figured I would provide the info that people seem to be looking for in one post...


For somewhat scholastic info on the Indian Moon Moth (Actias selene) click on the wikipedia link below:



Now, for those of you who want to go deeper into the world of fantasy, and noticed at the bottom of the wikipedia article that in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, an Indian Moon Moth serves as a messenger between Gwaihir and Gandalf and you, like me, is wondering who in the middle earth is Gwaihir....click here:



Now for those of you who just want to read some light info on a caterpillar that slinked onto my property and presented itself as a mystery to a curious mind...click here:



Oh-tee-do...I think that about covers it. If any of you have anything to add, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4