Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Adirondack?!

Ha Ha...God is so good...He spoke to me about going to the mountains originally and I assumed that meant Colorado? or there abouts, but I ended up at my friend's house...So, I went home and prayed and pondered and another opportunity appeared. Time alone with God...so I hopped in my Vue (which I hadn't unpacked) and headed off again, this time to the east! I figured the Lord was taking me to the East Coast, which is great! I love the ocean; maternally, my family is from Newfoundland and I have not been out east in almost 20 years! LOL...wrong again Pearl...

The Lord has led me across the border into the Adirondack! I laugh because I knew of the Adirondack, but I had no idea where it was and that it had mountains! LOL...

Immediately I knew that this is where God and I would have some serious one-on-one...It has already begun...I may write on it later, but for now, I thought I would reassure friends and family with some pics...
This is the campsite the Lord led me to...a spot available for me...Site #8:) By-the-way, I slept in the back of my Vue...did I sleep much? Not really, but I am on an adventure, so it is not a problem...I can sleep when I get home;) This is me the next morning...nice head eh? I am really not as grumpy as I may look...
The Cafe below was recommended by the staff at the campsite, I drove by it the first time....missed it completely...but my nose for coffee kicked in:) It was great food and the banter of the staff was very entertaining...And thank-you to the young blue-eyed man who left the stove to get me a coffee while I waited for service!!
As I am pulling into a new town, I came to an intersection to see some deer grazing on this person's front yard...not 1 block from hundreds of tourists! Some local (no doubt) honked in irritation for me to get my vehicle moving (annoying tourist!...I used to live in a tourist town, so I know how they feel), so I pulled over and took these two shots...apparently the deer are not bothered by an amateur photographer, 10 feet away...they posed quite well for me.

I have no idea where I will be staying tonight...everything is booked, everywhere...for now, I think I will go for a hike...(I have yet to go for a ride...maybe tomorrow?)....Lead on Lord and I will follow:)

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4